Edge Mobile has an interesting rumor about the next generation Xbox. Edge says that the new Xbox will require an always on internet connection to run and that the activation codes assigned to the buyer of the game will not be transferrable to another. This pretty much closes out the second hand game market.
I would really have a hard time supporting such restrictions. As an avid gamer I love to buy second hand games on Ebay. not everyone can afford to spend $50 on a game-- and I'm being generous-- I can imagine a scenario where games for the next gen Xbox run closer to $70. I hope this rumor is not true as it would no doubt cause a lot of blowback from the gaming community. I'm not sure that anyone in this country has an internet connection that is always serviceable 24 hours a day. Internet service is not immune from disturbances from either the line or from the Xbox servers.
http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-next-xbox-always-online-no-second-hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-discs-and-new-kinect/
No comments:
Post a Comment