Most Anticipated Movies of 2013
Here is a list of the movies I’m looking forward to seeing
in 2013
Only God Forgives
Director: Nicolas Winding Refn
Director Nicolas Winding Refn and Ryan Gosling team up again for this film about a Bangkok
police lieutenant and a gangster who settle their differences in a Thai-boxing
match.
Star Trek Into Darkness
Director: J.J. Abrams
As an avid star Trek fan I’ve been looking forward
for this one for what seems like years and years. Can’t wait to find out who the villain character
is within the Star Trek universe.
Brief summary from IMDB: After the crew of the Enterprise find an
unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization, Captain Kirk
leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass
destruction.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Director: Francis Lawrence
I loved the first movie so I’m definitely looking
forward to see if new director Francis Lawrence can keep the same vibe.
The Fast and the Furious 6
Director: Justin Lin
Fast 5 was a great action movie that never let up
and with the same crew infront and behind the camera I have high hopes for this
one.
Oblivion
Director: Joseph Kosinski
The trailer to this looks great so I’m hoping this
one brings it. IMDB summary: One of the
few remaining drone repairmen assigned to Earth, its surface devastated after
decades of war with the alien Scavs, discovers a crashed spacecraft with
contents that bring into question everything he believed about the war, and may
even put the fate of mankind in his hands.
Elysium
Director: Neill Blomkamp
This one has so much hype behind it that I’m caught
up. I admit it. The effects are rumored to be game changing
so I have high hopes. IMDB summary: In
the year 2159 two classes of people exist: the very wealthy who live on a
pristine man-made space station called Elysium, and the rest, who live on an
overpopulated, ruined Earth. Secretary Rhodes, a government official, will stop
at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve the luxurious lifestyle
of the citizens of Elysium.
Man of Steel
Director: Zack Snyder
As far as I’m concerned this is a big one. I think Zach Snyder gets back into his game
with this one. I expect it to be thought
of as on par with the Nolan Batman series.
I thought the first teaser preview was epic. Can’t wait.
Frances Ha
Director: Noah Baumbach
I’m a huge fan of Baumbach and look forward to this
one.
Sightseers
Director: Ben Wheatley
I was blown away by Wheatley’s Kill List. Not a perfect movie but it created a mood that
was undeniable. I’ll see anything this
guy does.
Great Gatsby
Director: Baz Luhrmann
Should be a visual spectacle. Maybe that's all it will be but I'll take it.
The Grandmaster
Director: Wong Kar Wai
This one has been in production forever but it’s Wong
Kar Wai so you know it will be worth the wait.
IMDB summary: The story of martial-arts master Ip Man
Upstream color
Director: Shane Carruth
Carruth’s previous movie 2004’s Primer is one of my
favorites. So I’m looking
forward to this one. It’s been way too
long.
Nebraska
Director: Alexander Payne
Sideways and The Descendants were two superb movies
so I’m hoping this one will be as good. IMDB
summary: An aging, booze-addled father makes the trip from Montana to Nebraska
with his estranged son in order to claim a million dollar Publisher's Clearing
House sweepstakes prize.
Sound City
Director: David Grohl
The premise sounds interesting. IMDB summary: A documentary on the fabled
recording studio that was located in Van Nuys, California.
The Counselor
Director: Ridley Scott
Writer: Cormac McCarthy (screenplay)
Cormac McCarthy’s first original screenplay directed
by Ridley Scott—this should be insanely good.
IMDB summary: A lawyer finds himself in over his head when he gets
involved in drug trafficking.















No comments:
Post a Comment